Hospitals and Health Care
The Plattsburgh-Lake Champlain region has an incredibly strong and caring network of health care services, at the center of which is CVPH Medical Center.
CVPH is the largest medical center in Northern New York, with a wide range of quality services and a proven commitment to excellence. It has a medical staff of over 150 professionals, with more than 2000 employees. Its many programs and medical services include the following:
- The widely respected FitzPatrick Cancer Center
- A cardiac care center, including coronary angioplasty and open heart surgery.
- The Alice T. Miner Center for Women & Children, featuring a state-of-the-art maternity care facility.
- The CVPH Rehabilitation & Wellness Center, housed in the former fitness center on the former Air Force Base.
- The CVPH Diagnostic Center.
- A special Women's Imaging Center.
- The internationally recognized H.K. Freeman Renal Center.
- The Kevin J. Carroll Ambulatory Surgery Center.
From its 341 bed acute care hospital to its modern outpatient services to its 54 bed skilled nursing facility, CVPH is ready to provide quality, caring support - from pediatrics to geriatrics.
And that's not all!
The skills and services of CVPH Medical Center are strongly complemented and supplemented by several other nearby hospitals including: